Friday, March 30, 2007

"Wait, somehow this was MY fault?"



So the Texans released me last week. I was going to share my thoughts earlier but I was feeling all kinds of crazy emotions and I wanted to make sure what I said was clear. Honestly, this was a blessing in disguise. As the first draft pick of a franchise, I was expected to lead lead the team back into glory. I was the hotshot quarterback the team was going to build around for years to come. There was only one problem: the bastards never built anything!

No quarterback has ever survived in this league without an offensive line. I never had a good one. I think the guys in the front office never realized that Tony Boselli didn't pan out. I have been sacked 249 times since my rookie year in 2001. That's Paris Hilton territory when it come to large, sweaty men on top of you. At least thev didn't penetrate me every time like they do her.

But why should I be the scapegoat for all of the Texans' problems? I completed 60% of my passes! What? 65 interceptions is a lot? Whatever, fuck that. That's the offensive line's fault too. If I don't have time in the pocket I'm going to make bad throws. Also, teams could drop a lot of guys into coverage because we never had a running game. Wali Lundy? Ron Dayne? Domanick Davis? Please. But no, I sure am glad they drafted Mario last year. Now he can save the damn franchise.

But the thing that really gets me all cheesed off isn't the fact that I was released. It's for whom I was released. Matt freaking Schaub?! Really? Vick's backup? Have fun getting sacked 70 times this year buddy. I know Mike taught you how to roll a blunt, but I hope he taught you how to scramble too.

So what's next for me? I don't know. I think I'm just gonna play things by ear. Maybe I'll end up in Minnesota, or Miami, or Detroit (although I sure hope it isn't that one). I don't really care. All that matters to me is that I finally don't have to live in that shithole they call "Houston" anymore. That place fucking sucks.

No comments: