Friday, March 16, 2007

Early Thoughts on the Madness

Only one real upset so far, and it couldn't happened to a more deserving team - Duke. I don't even care that I picked them to win (I'm currently in 3rd in the JCMJ Bracket Challenge). I'm just happy to see a team with the same letters as my old graf crew advance. I knew I should have picked them to honor Victimless Crime Unit. Oh well.

Georgetown started slow but handled their business. Oden looked good. Methinks Stanford didn't belong there. Effin' eggheads. Deep down they probably enjoyed the vicious butt-raping the 'Ville gave them. (When a guy who went to NYU is making gay swipes at you, your school is gay.) I got nothing against Stanford though. There were just more deserving teams, like Syracuse and Drexel.

Anyway, I'm heading to New York tomorrow to celebrate the birth of Maniac Magee and the magnanimity of some guy named Patrick who now has a day. A day for drinking. I'll be back Monday. Enjoy the tourney responsibly.

No comments: