Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On the Brink of Madness

Well, it's almost here. It's that thing that makes everyone a college basketball fan in March. The Big Dance. Games all day tomorrow. Games all day Friday. Games all day Saturday. Games all day Sunday. And then there will be only 16 teams left. The selection committee overlooked the Fighting Violets of my alma mater, but we're pretty used to it by now. They're just scared we might win. It's not like NYU students need another excuse to get fucked up.

Anyway, who do I think will win? We'll, I honestly only filled out one bracket for the Just Call Me Juice Bracket Challenge. I think Georgetown will win it all, but one of my buddies pointed out that their guards might not be good enough to win the whole thing. This may indeed be true, but I'm betting that that front court will be too much for anyone to handle. Roy Hibbert is nasty when not in foul trouble. And Jeff Green is downright measty. But this is college basketball in March and anything can happen.

The rest of my Final Four includes Florida, Texas A&M and UCLA. But I'd be lying if I said I truly know anything about college basketball. I am a fair weather fan at best. All I am sure of is that when 'Nova takes on Kentucky on Friday, the Wildcats will win.

(Aren't I just too fucking clever?)

No comments: