Monday, September 17, 2007

Quick NFL Thoughts

Wow, my picks sure weren't good yesterday, at least not against the spread. Good thing nobody reads this. I went 3-12. Yikes. But still, some of it wasn't my fault. Raise your hand if you envisioned Derek Anderson throwing 5 touchdowns en route to Cleveland putting up 51 points on the Browns. Yeah, that's what I thought. Raise your hand if you thought the Bucs were going to mangle the Saints. Uh huh. See? Some of this shit wasn't supposed to happen. Now I'm not trying to make excuses. Even if you exclude those games I'm 3-10. I'm just saying that I'm not giving up on this and plan to be well over .500 by the end of the season.

Oh, and the Phillies swept the Mets again yesterday. Boooorrriiiinnnngggg. Sweep someone else, would ya please boys? We aren't catching the Mets. Don't get me wrong, the three wins were nice, but they have to keep it up on this road trip. And if history is a guide, this season included, they won't. Like I said before, prove me wrong fellas. For once in my life other than 1993, please, prove me wrong.

No comments: