Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Phils Pull Out Uber-Necessary Win

Big Boy homered for the 15 time against the Braves in his career and Kyle Lohse pitched well as the Phils topped the Braves to end a 3 game losing streak. A three game losing streak may not seem like much, but at this point in the season, every little detail counts. While every game is not literally a must win, the Phillies have to treat every game as one. They still need 17 wins (which would get them to 90 on the season) to make the playoffs, which will be no easy task. That rotation is still a mess and no one really knows when Cole Hamels will be back.

Meanwhile, football starts in two days. Aw hells yeah. As much as the NFL bothers me, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it. It's good to have something to take my mind off the Phillies once their season has officially been crapped away.

No comments: