Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Phils Continue To Lose My Interest, Baseball Games

What's that, they won 3 in a row before tonight? Don't care. They got spanked tonight. Season's over. This is just their mid-September push, which comes after their early September swoon and before their late September swoon. They will again miss the playoffs by one game. Yay.

The Eagles brought in Reno Mahe. Whoopee. While I never at any point last year thought, "Damn, I sure am glad Reno Mahe is back there returning kicks!", I also never thought, "Damn, Reno Mahe lost us that game." I guess I'll take it. He may not be very good at returning punts, but at least he knows how it works. The same cannot be said for Greg Lewis or J.R. Reid. Why we didn't move to acquire Allen Rossum, I do not know. Why Westbrook wasn't back there to return that last fatal punt Sunday, I do not know. Still, I expect the Birds to bounce back Monday against the Redskins.

No comments: