Sunday, April 29, 2007

Kevin Kolb? Really?

Because we needed a QB that badly? You have that little confidence in Donovan McNabb, at worst the 4th best QB in the league? Yes, he has been banged up. But he is also not that old. We could have used other things, like a linebacker or a cornerback. Or Dwayne Jarrett. Kolb's college numbers are very impressive, but he played in Conference USA. And we could have gotten him much later in the draft.

Look, the last time I second guessed an Andy Reid QB draft pick it was McNabb, and well, I guess I was wrong. But this seemed like a reach. As for Tony Hunt, well I would have preferred Michael Bush. He's a first round talent with an unfortunate injury his last year. Willis McGahee anyone? He still hasn't been drafted. Take him if he is available.

Also, Dallas totally ripped Cleveland off. Even if Quinn is a legit NFL QB - and I think he is - they aren't winning more than five games next year. Dallas will have an early first round pick, which blows. I hate Dallas. That being said, I think Cleveland had a decent first round. A potential franchise QB/left tackle combo is solid. But, they are the Browns. Both will be dead or crippled by 2009.

Al in all, the first round today may have been the most useless 7.5 hours in the history of the world. Excuse me while I return my attention to baseball for the next 5 months.

1 comment:

Marco said...

Very interesting pick to say the least. System QB at Houston who wasn't picked by anyone to go in the second. Very interesting.....