Monday, April 9, 2007

Jimmy Was Right


The Phillies ARE the team to beat. Hell, everyone is beating them. The Braves. The Marlins. The Mets. The Bad News Bears. Engelberg went 3-4 yesterday with 4 RBIs and two steals. Even Lupus went yard. I mean, shit, this getting ridiculous.

Today, with the bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the 8th, Jimmy Rollins flubbed a double play ball that would have gotten the Phillies out of the inning with a 5-4 lead. They lost 11-5 today to the Mets. Fuck-ing wonderful. They are now 1-6. Is the season over? Of course not. But if they keep playing like this, what's the point? They aren't hitting with runners in scoring position. They aren't fielding well. The much maligned bullpen has been quite, um, malignable? Yeah, that isn't a word. But you get the idea.

Meanwhile, around the league, Chris Carpenter is hurt, Brad Lidge lost his job and Mike Hampton is hurt again. I know, I know, hard to believe.

Someone I never heard of won the Masters. He thanked Jesus. Tiger sucked it up. Maybe Jesus is a racist.

I've eaten three chocolate rabbits in the last 24 hours because that racist golf fan died for my sins 2000 years ago. I fucking love Easter.

No comments: