Saturday, February 3, 2007

Mor(m)ons and Other Football Related Things

Well, the Super Bowl is almost here. Where will I be watching it? I'm not entirely sure yet, but I can tell you where I won't be watching it - Andy Reid's house. Shotguns and hollow points? Yikes. No thanks. I don't care how good the drugs are. Apparently no one ever told his sons that if you have large amounts of illegal things in your car you shouldn't do anything to attract the attention of law enforcement, like crashing. Idiots. This is payback for punting at the end of the Saints game.

As for the Super Bowl itself, I like the Bears, if only because absolutely no one else does. Just because Peyton "Half Donkey, Half" Manning finally beat the Pats doesn't mean he's suddenly a big game quarterback. If he wins tomorrow, then I will be truly impressed. That being said, Rex Grossman wouldn't give me a lot of a confidence as a Bears fan. But that defense is good. And Devin Hester is good. And the running game is good. So we'll see. Final score: 27-24 Bears. But I would be lying if I said there was any particular outcome that would surprise me.

All I know is this will be the first Super Bowl I get to enjoy since high school. Last year's game sucked, I was on edge the entire time the Eagles were in it, and I was bitter when the Eagles didn't make it the previous times. This time I can kick back and bask in what is sure to be 4+ hours of hedonsim. I can't wait.

No comments: