Thursday, October 4, 2007

Game One, Other Stuff

I know I said I was going to post a running diary for game one of the Phillies-Rockies series. Well, I lied. I did keep a diary, but right after the game was over I had to jump on a train to go to the Roots concert. (More on this in a minute.)

By the time I finished typing up the diary and anyone got a chance to read it, game two would have started. It's not like they won. Who to blame? Hamels? No, he pitched well other than the 2nd inning. The offense? Well, Howard and Utley were a combined 0-8 with 7 strikeouts. Rollins was 0-3. You want to blame those guys? Please. Without them, there is no playoff baseball in Philly. Jeff Francis deserves credit. He pitched incredibly well. It's a five game series. There's still plenty of time. If you really want someone to blame, there's always Adam Eaton.

As for The Legendary Roots Crew, who were joined by Big Daddy Kane, MC Lyte, Beanie Sigel, Dice Raw, Malik B and Rashad Smith, I mean, wow. If you have never seen The Roots live, well, do it. They're incredible. No other musical act will give you your money's worth more than The Roots. They played for three hours. Simply Fantastic. For the second year in a row I got ?ueslove paraphernalia. I got his fist pick last year, and this year I got an autographed drumstick, both of which were thrown into the crowd after the show. Suh-weet. Seriously, go see them. You wont regret it.

More tomorrow. Go Phils.

No comments: