Monday, January 29, 2007

Beating a Dead Horse

Well, Barbaro, the most ridiculous "sports" story of 2006, is dead. He was put down earlier today after it was determined that saving him, and his more-valuable-than-gold seed, was not possible. You can't help but feel a little sorry for his owners, and for the horse himself. I mean, he had a life of fucking ahead of him, and they stood to make a lot of money from pimping him out. The stud rights to Smarty Jones sold for $39 million. 39 million dollars! For horse jizz! Wow. Mom and dad got me the wrong pet when I was 9. Thanks for the fucking guinea pig. I always knew you two didn't love me.

Anyway, I was going to continue feeling bad for these people before I realized they owned like 80 horses and Barbaro made them well over $2 million before he got hurt. So to hell with 'em. They don't need my sympathy. Or anyone else's. Horse racing is silly anyway, although it is a nice excuse to get drunk when the weather is nice, not that we need one. I just hope this story can finally be put to rest... What, too soon?

No comments: