Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's Time For Some Changes

Dearest Reader(s?),

I've been writing this blog for almost 18 months now, which seems like both a very long time and no time at all. Throughout those 18 months the type of post has varied considerably. There are long, well written posts about various sports subjects (infrequent, not at all gay) and there are small blurbs about the Phillies and how sexy I think Cole Hamels and Chase Utley are (very frequent, pretty darn gay). About a year ago I decided to go from a general sports blog to a Philly Sports blog, because I thought it would be important to write what I know.

This is partially true. You should write what you know, and I do know Philly sports.

The problem is, if you're going to blog about the sports scene in a big city, you can't take days off, because something is always happening. Especially in Philadelphia, a city that needs to scrutinize the actions of every member of every professional sports team at all times. I like days off. I don't have the determination to be a multiple-posts-a-day-blog like The 700 Level. Those guys get their shit done on a daily basis, and they do it well. That ain't entirely my style.

And so, yet again, I'm shifting gears. From here on in, I'll be posting at most twice a week, but probably closer to once. The posts will be longer. The posts will be better. And, unless Cole or Chase does something particularly sexy and I feel the need to gush, the mancrush references will be kept to a minimum. Will the blog still be Philly-centric? Probably. It is, after all, what I know. But I'll have plenty to say about other stuff too, so bear with me. The next post is going to be one I've been working on in my head for months now, if not years, and I think it'll be pretty decent when I get done. It should be ready by this weekend.

For those of you that have been reading this from the start, even if it's only three of you, thanks. I mean that genuinely, and I promise to make continuing to read this worth your while going forward.

Sincerely,

Lionel McClure

No comments: