Monday, May 7, 2007

The NBA Should Really Try to be More Like the NHL

Wait, don't stop reading! I know nothing should be modeled after the NHL, but this one little thing should change about the NBA. The playoff system reseeding the NHL uses after the first round needs to make its way to the NBA. Right now the Suns (#2 seed) are playing the Spurs (#3 seed) while Utah gets to play Golden state (#4 and #8, respectively). How is that fair? Is it really that hard to have the highest seed play the lowest seed? If the NHL can pull it off with an annual budget of $7.50 (Canadian), anyone can.

Speaking of hockey, while hanging out with a few friends earlier, I was briefly reminded what it was like to care about an NHL team as my boys cheered on the Rangers towards the end of their game 6 with Buffalo. (The Sabres won.) My friends were intense. I remember being like that about the Flyers. Liking hockey was kind of fun, at least in Philly where everyone used to care. (Many still do, I'm just not one of them.) Oh well. Thanks for ruining hockey for me Bobby Clarke. Shithead.

1 comment:

Scrappled said...

Look, can we not talk about Bobby Clarke or the Flyers? It's too depressing.